How to Peel a Pineapple01.07.2022
Many prefer canned pineapples because they do not know how to cut this exotic fruit properly. In fact, this process does not require much effort and time.
To clean the fruit, you only need a knife and a cutting board. In extreme cases, you can do without them altogether. In addition, in stores you can find special tools for peeling and cutting pineapple.
We will tell you more about the various ways to peel pineapple step by step below.
- Wash and dry the pineapple.
- Lay it horizontally on a flat surface.
- With a sharp long knife, cut off the upper and lower parts (by 1-2 cm).
- Stand the pineapple upright and remove the skin, carefully following the curve of the fruit.
- Use a small knife to remove the dark eyes.
- Cut the fruit lengthwise into four pieces.
- Remove the hard core.
- Cut the pulp into slices.
This method will allow you to surprise your guests with an original presentation.
- Stand the pineapple upright.
- With a thin sharp knife, remove the peel so that the “eyes” remain on the pulp. For convenience, hold the fruit by the leaves.
- Turning the fruit, cut out the eyes in a spiral. It is desirable that the line is not interrupted.
- Cut off the top with leaves and the bottom.
- Cut the pineapple into circles.
- Remove the core.
- Cut each circle into four equal slices.
- Gather the slices back into circles, arranging them on a plate in the form of a whole pineapple. Try to keep the spiral pattern.
Without a knife
Not the most convenient way to peel a pineapple. It can be used if there are no suitable tools at hand.
- Take a ripe pineapple.
- Roll it on a hard surface, pressing down on the peel with the whole palm of your hand.
- Use a kitchen towel to avoid scratching your hands.
- Firmly squeeze the upper leaves and “twist” them together with the top.
- Pinch off one slice from the top along with the peel, following the markings on the skin.
If the fruit is not ripe enough, it will break apart with difficulty.
This option is suitable for everyday life and for the festive table.
- Wash and dry the fruit.
- Without removing the leaves and peel, cut it lengthwise into 4 parts.
- Carefully cut off the skin from each part.
- Remove the core.
- Cut the pulp into slices and carefully spread on the peel.
Peeled pineapple does not last long. If you only need a small amount of its pulp, use this method.
- Cut off the top of the fruit along with the leaves.
- Cut the desired amount of fruit, cutting off the circles of the pulp.
- Peel them from the peel and “eyes”.
- Remove the core.
- Store the remaining pineapple in the refrigerator (no longer than two days).
With a special knife
There is a device called “pineapple slicer”, which means “pineapple knife”. It consists of an empty metal tube with a sharp end on one side and a handle on the other. With it, you can easily and quickly extract the pulp of the fruit.
- Remove the top and bottom of a clean pineapple.
- Put the fruit on the board. Make sure it doesn’t wobble or slip.
- Place a knife in the middle of the fruit and carefully screw it into the flesh, pressing lightly.
- When the blade reaches the end, remove the pulp from the peel.
- Unscrew the knife handle and carefully remove the pineapple from the tube. Remember that its lower part is very sharp.
- Divide the pulp into rings.
- Cut them into slices.
Despite its simplicity, this method is considered the most uneconomical. The knife removes too thick a layer of peel, leaving a lot of pulp on it.
- Always rinse your pineapple thoroughly before peeling. Dust, debris and insects accumulate in its peel.
- Use only sharp knives to cut the skin evenly and avoid hurting your hands.
- Do not throw away the core – you can make a fragrant syrup from it.
- Peel fruit just before serving. So it will retain its taste and benefits.
In order to peel a pineapple at home, no special skills are needed. Take advantage of our tips and enjoy fragrant fresh pineapples at your everyday or holiday table.
- How to peel a pineapple website .
- How to cut a pineapple website .
- How to beautifully cut a pineapple on a festive table,website .
- How to peel a pineapple and cut it beautifully for a festive table, website .