Which doctors should be visited during pregnancy24.05.2022
During pregnancy, against the background of hormonal changes and an increased load on all body systems, it is very important to prevent the exacerbation of existing chronic diseases and the development of a complicated pregnancy. Therefore, a pregnant woman should regularly visit an obstetrician-gynecologist.
To be registered with the antenatal clinic, the expectant mother must also undergo an examination:
- a dentist;
In the presence of chronic diseases and the detection of pathology, as well as taking into account the age of a pregnant woman, consultations of narrow specialists and additional examinations may be required.
How long does it take to register with an obstetrician-gynecologist
You should contact the antenatal clinic no later than 12 weeks of pregnancy. The obstetrician-gynecologist, who will lead the pregnancy until the very birth, the pregnant woman will need to visit at least 7 times. Moreover, if in the 1st trimester 1 visit per month will be enough, then closer to the birth – weekly.
Early registration for pregnancy contributes to the timely identification of possible risk factors, as well as reducing their negative impact on the woman’s body and the development of the unborn baby.
In accordance with Art. 9 of the Federal Law No. 81-FZ of May 19, 1995 “On State Benefits for Citizens with Children”, some categories of women receive additional cash benefits provided that they are registered for pregnancy up to 12 weeks.
Which doctors you need to visit when registering
When registering a pregnant woman, it is necessary to obtain a conclusion on the results of the examination from the specialists indicated in her exchange card.
- detects the presence of chronic diseases, assesses the degree of their severity, the presence of remission / exacerbation at the time of examination;
- assesses the possible risks of pregnancy and complications in the development of the fetus;
- prescribes, cancels, adjusts the dosage / duration of taking certain medications;
- issues referrals to narrow specialists not included in the mandatory list.
- performs an examination of the oral cavity;
- if necessary, prescribes sanitation (dental treatment).
3. The endocrinologist prescribes the necessary laboratory tests to determine the level of sugar in the blood and the level of thyroid hormones.
4. Optometrist :
- determines the degree of myopia;
- examines the state of the retina;
- issues a conclusion on the possibility of independent childbirth or the need for a caesarean section.
5. An otolaryngologist identifies possible foci of infection (pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis).
6. Cardiologist. Conducts an ECG study (required!).
7. During pregnancy, consultations of such specialists may be required, such as:
- infectious disease specialist;
Which specialists should be contacted when planning a pregnancy
To conceive, endure and give birth to a strong healthy baby is the dream of every married couple. In order to avoid many unpleasant moments, it is better to plan pregnancy.
Pregnancy planning includes:
- full examination of both spouses;
- pregravid preparation.
Pregravid preparation is a complex of diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic measures, the result of which is the preparation of the body for the full conception, bearing and birth of a healthy child.
It is better to start planning pregnancy 6 months before the intended conception. For this you need to contact:
- gynecologist (woman);
- urologist or andrologist (male).
If future parents are healthy and do not have chronic diseases, then the number of specialists who need to be examined will be significantly less than for couples with health problems.
If a missed pregnancy is diagnosed
None of the women wants to think about such a development of events, but medical practice shows that in the 1st trimester pregnancy often fades.
A frozen pregnancy requires not only subsequent treatment, but also a thorough study of the reasons that caused it.
The examination usually includes:
- general clinical diagnostics;
- study of the hormonal background;
- diagnosis of infections;
- immunological examination;
- genetic study of fetal tissues;
- examination of a man (for infections, sperm quality).
It is recommended to plan a second pregnancy after a frozen one no earlier than after 6 months. During this time, it is necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations of doctors.
- Obstetrics: textbook / edited by G. M. Savelyeva, R. I. Shalina, L. G. Sichinava, O. B. Panina, M. A. Kurtser. – 2nd ed., revised and supplemented, – Moscow, 2020. – 576 p.
- Sidelnikova V.M. Habitual pregnancy loss. – Moscow, 2000. – 304 p.
- B.I. Baisova. Gynecology: textbook / edited by G. M. Savelyeva, V. G. Breusenko. – 4th ed., revised and supplemented, – Moscow, 2012. – 423 p.
Photo: © Depositphotos