Prince William and Kate Middleton Name Prince Louis' Godparents24.05.2022
A list of those who will become the godparents of the youngest son of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has been published. This information appeared on the official website of Kensington Palace (the residence of Prince William and Duchess Catherine).
Further details about the guests and godparents at the christening of Prince Louis have been announced: https://t.co/pBg5a4p5ff
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) July 9, 2018
The godparents of HRH Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge are:
- Nicholas van Kutsem – a friend of Prince William;
- Guy Pelly is a friend of Prince William;
- Harry Aubrey-Fletcher is a family friend of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge;
- Lady Laura Meade – wife of James Meade, a close friend of Prince William;
- Mrs. Sophia Carter , wife of Robert Carter, Kate’s friend from Marlborough College;
- Miss Lucy Middleton is the cousin of Duchess Catherine.
Harry Aubrey-Fletcher, Nicholas van Kutzem and Sophie Carter
Guy Pelly, Laura Meade and Lucy Middleton
Recall that the christening of baby Louis will take place today at 16.00 local time in the Royal Chapel of St. James’s Palace. The ceremony will be officiated by Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby .
It is planned that only the close circle of the royal family will be present at the christening:
- Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Katherine’s parents are Carol and Michael Middleton
- Catherine’s brother – James Middleton
- Pippa Middleton with husband James Matthews
- godparents of Prince Louis and their wife.
And, of course, the parents of young Louis: Prince William and Kate Middleton. Whether Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be present at the christening under the supervision of a nanny is not indicated in the official message. But we hope that the whole Cambridge family will appear in the chapel on such a great day.
Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Phillip are forced to miss the solemn event. This is due to their busy schedule last week, as well as preparations for the parade dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Force of Great Britain (RAF) and a meeting with US President Donald Trump.
Recall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked journalists to maintain the “borders” of the family and to maintain confidentiality: photos from the ceremony will be provided by representatives of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Matt Holyoke will be the official photographer for Prince Louis’ christening. Recall that he photographed Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip last year on their 70th wedding anniversary.
We will follow the news, and you will follow our publications!