One-time allowance for the birth of a child24.05.2022
One of the main directions of the social policy of the Russian Federation is support for families with children. Due to the negative demographic situation in the country, a whole system of benefits and benefits is being implemented, which are designed to increase the birth rate. A one-time allowance for the birth of a child is one of the few types of compensation that is paid to all families, regardless of need and financial situation.
The benefit amount was increased by 5.4% after the indexation on February 1, 2017. At the moment, payments are made in the amount of 16,350.33 rubles. The allowance can be issued to both the mother of the child and the father. However, they do not have to be husband and wife. Employed citizens receive compensation at their place of work, unemployed persons – through the department of the social protection authority (OSZN).
Citizens who have adopted a child are paid an analogue of this benefit – a payment when the child is transferred to a family. It can be issued after the entry into force of the court decision on adoption.
Every year the amount of the allowance increases. The trend of change is as follows:
- in 2014, the amount of compensation was 13,741.99 rubles;
- 2015 – 14497.80 rubles;
- 2016 – 15512.65 rubles;
- 2017 – 16350.33 rubles.
The amount of the benefit is determined by federal law, therefore it does not depend on the region of residence of the recipient. The amount may be supplemented by regional allowances. For example, in the Vladimir region, 100 thousand rubles are paid from the local budget when three or more children are born. Federal and state benefits are paid separately. The fact of receiving one of them does not cancel the right to receive another type of assistance.
The allowance can be paid to both parents and persons who replace them. Employed citizens receive funds as compulsory social insurance. Non-working citizens receive money as state social security.
- The allowance must be issued no later than six months after the birth of the child. In case of delay, you must present either at the place of work or at the OSZN department a document confirming a good reason for non-compliance with the deadlines. In the absence of such a reason, the right to receive funds is lost;
- The payment is not made if the child was born dead.
- In the event of the birth of twins or triplets, compensation is paid to parents for each child.
Both simply non-working citizens and students who study at the hospital apply to the social protection authority. They need to submit a document that confirms the fact of passing the training on a full-time basis.
To whom is the childbirth allowance paid?
At the place of work, compensation is received by:
- employed persons. The condition in this case is regular contributions from the employer in favor of the Social Security Fund. If such payments were not made, the citizen is deprived of the right to receive benefits;
- citizens serving at military facilities of the Russian Federation located outside the state.
In the body of social protection of the population, benefits are paid to the following categories of citizens:
- persons in military service. It also takes into account activities that, at the legislative level, are equated with military service;
- citizens whose employment contract in military units has expired;
- non-working citizens;
- students undergoing full-time education both for a fee and for budgetary funds.
When applying for compensation for the mother of the child or for the father, it is worth remembering the following nuances:
- if one of the parents of the baby has a job, and the second is unemployed, the payment of funds is carried out at the place of work. The same applies to citizens who serve at facilities of state importance;
- if the mother and father of the child are divorced, money from public accounts is paid to the parent who directly lives with the baby;
- if the mother and father of the baby have not legalized their relationship, compensation is assigned to the mother of the child. The rule is relevant if paternity has not been confirmed by an appropriate conclusion.
Receiving a lump-sum payment at the birth of a child
As already mentioned, the allowance can be paid both at the place of work (in some cases, in the FSS), and in the OSZN. The amount of the benefit does not depend on this. Compensation is paid in a single, fixed amount – 16,350.33 rubles. This amount is current for 2017. The next indexation in the Government is planned to be carried out in early 2018.
- If the allowance is paid at the place of work, the funds are either transferred to a salary plastic card or issued through the accounting department of the company / organization in which the recipient works.
- If compensation is issued in the OSZN, the money is credited either to the card or sent via mail.
Payment of benefits at the place of employment
Citizens who have a reason to receive benefits at the place of employment must submit the following package of documents to the accounting department of the company:
- benefit application;
- document on the birth of a child, corresponding to the form F24. Issued by an employee of the registry office when registering a newborn baby;
- standard birth certificate of the child;
- a document that confirms the fact that the second parent did not receive compensation of this type. Provided if the child’s parents are legally married.
Payment of benefits through the body of social protection of the population
If one parent of the child or both do not have an official place of work, the following documents are submitted to the OSZN:
- birth document. Issued by employees of the maternity hospital;
- insurance pension certificate of parents (if the family is incomplete, the document is submitted by one parent);
- a document confirming the fact of direct residence of the applicant and the child. Issued by the housing department at the place of residence;
- originals and copies of parental passports. If they are not available, copies of identity documents;
- extract from the applicant’s work book. It is necessary to provide information about the last place of work;
- certificate confirming the fact of non-receipt of compensation earlier. Issued in OSZN at the place of residence. If one of the parents has already received a payment, it is not assigned to the second under any circumstances.
After submitting the documents, the applicant must wait until the relevant authorities make a decision. As a rule, the procedure takes no more than ten days. If the answer is negative, the applicant is notified in writing within five days. The entire package of documents provided is returned.
In the case of a positive answer, the allowance is paid:
- within the aforementioned ten days, if the benefit was issued through the employer;
- before the 26th day of the current month, if the compensation is paid through the body of social protection of the population.
Compensation is paid in the amount relevant at the time of the birth of the child. For example, if the baby was born in January 2017, and the benefit was issued in February, the amount will be paid as of January. It does not matter that indexation was carried out in February, as a result of which the amount of compensation was increased.
Regional benefits for the birth of a child in 2017
In most regions, families who have given birth to a child can also count on payments from local budgets. For example, in Moscow , additional funds are accrued to young families. Moscow parents also receive an additional 10,000 rubles when their first child is born. The corresponding law came into force in 2006 and does not lose its relevance to this day.
It is recommended – in order not to lose the money due – after the birth of a child, find out if there is an analogue of this program in your area. This can be done by contacting the branch of the Social Insurance Fund.
In 2017, regional benefits are issued exclusively through the social protection authority. There is no need to contact the employer to obtain them.
Benefits for the birth of a second child
Money at the birth of a second child is paid especially generously at the regional level. For example, in the same capital, when a second baby is born, a family receives 121,100 rubles. True, there is one important condition – both parents must be under 30 years old.
Examples of other regional compensations for the birth of a second child:
- in St. Petersburg – 28,700 rubles;
- Volgograd region – 17,000 rubles;
- Voronezh region – 20,000 rubles. It does not matter which child was born. A fixed allowance is also accrued upon the birth of the first;
- Penza region – 10,000 rubles;
- Sakhalin – 150,000 rubles. The sum includes all increasing district coefficients.
Do not forget about such an important form of state assistance as maternity capital. He is also appointed at the birth of a second child. The amount of the allowance is 453,026 rubles. True, funds can be used most often after the child’s three years of age and for certain needs.
In the regions there are also analogues of the All-Russian maternity capital. Their main difference is that this allowance is assigned, as a rule, after the birth of a third child. In addition, in some regions, you can use the funds provided for any family needs.