Master class: how to sew bumpers in a crib24.05.2022
Online stores and microblogs sell a lot of bumpers for cribs. However, it is quite possible to make them yourself. After all, not so much is required to create them – the most elementary materials and tools, a little imagination, patience and your time.
If your baby sleeps in a standard crib measuring 125 by 65 cm, we will sew 12 side pillows.
You will need:
- 3 meters of fabric (natural fabrics of different colors 150 cm wide)
- holofiber 1.5 kg (hypoallergenic filler)
- rep tape – 30.7 m
- threads, needles
- sewing machine
- Be sure to wash the fabric before starting work. It will shrink a few centimeters.
- Make a pattern out of thick paper. Wallpaper is perfect for this purpose.
- Cut out a square measuring 33×33 cm (including allowances).
- Cut out blanks for future pillows from the fabric.
- Cut 64 cm of grosgrain ribbon and fold in half. Burn the ends with fire so that they do not crumble. Four ties are needed for one side.
- Fold the squares inside out. Attach ties to the four corners with pins.
- Sew the blanks on the sewing machine, leaving 12 cm to fill the pillow-side with holofiber.
- Turn the pillow inside out and fill it with holofiber. One pillow takes about 110 grams of filler. Sew the remaining opening with a blind stitch.
More simple in execution, of course, square-shaped pillows. But if you want fantasy sides, you can adapt the pattern to the shape you need. The most popular forms of pillows-sides now are:
… bunnies and cats
Mix and match different pillows and create your own unique crib edge!
Do you like needlework?