Is it possible to eat oatmeal cookies while breastfeeding24.05.2022
Oatmeal cookies during breastfeeding can be included in the diet of a woman. However, it must be of good quality, it is recommended to cook it yourself.
Is it possible to eat oatmeal cookies while breastfeeding
Oatmeal cookies are allowed to be included in the diet of a woman while breastfeeding. But you need to use it in a small amount – no more than 100 g per day.
Oatmeal cookies can be included in the diet while breastfeeding
This delicacy has a number of useful properties:
- Oats contain manganese, which contributes to the development of the bone skeleton, connective tissue, and the baby’s brain.
- Oatmeal cookies contain antioxidants that speed up the process of cell repair and prevent cell damage.
- The cookies contain fiber, which normalizes digestion, promotes better absorption of nutrients by the mother’s body.
- Oats contain iron. This element is necessary for normal hematopoiesis, participates in oxidative processes.
In addition, after oatmeal cookies, a woman remains full for a long time. Therefore, including such cookies in the diet in moderation will help her lose weight after pregnancy.
What is the danger of eating oatmeal cookies in the first month after childbirth
The first month of life is a difficult period for a baby. He has to adapt to new conditions, his organs and systems still function poorly. The body of a newborn can demonstrate an allergy to any irritants.
At this time, you need to use oatmeal cookies with caution. After all, the product contains several ingredients that can adversely affect the baby and mother:
- Chicken eggs can be an allergen. For an allergy to eggs, the following symptoms are characteristic: skin rashes, coughing, impaired breathing, and lacrimation.
- Oats contain the protein gluten. If a woman has a healthy intestine, then there is nothing to worry about, but if the mother suffers from celiac disease, then it is better to exclude cookies from the menu.
- Cookies should not be eaten by women who have gastrointestinal diseases. After childbirth, the female body is weakened, so chronic diseases can worsen. In this case, it is not recommended to eat foods rich in fiber.
Based on the above, you should introduce oatmeal cookies into the diet gradually, in small portions and monitor the reaction from the child’s body, if there are changes in the baby’s well-being and behavior, then it is better to wait a while with this product, or stop using it until you stop breastfeeding.
How to make homemade cookies
To make oatmeal cookies, you can use the following recipe:
- Toast 1 cup oatmeal in a dry frying pan for one minute. Then grind them into flour using a blender or coffee grinder.
- Add to oatmeal 2 tbsp. wheat flour, 2 tbsp. sour cream, 50 g softened butter, 3 tbsp. sugar, a bag of baking powder.
- Knead a tight dough. Form round cookies, put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
These cookies do not contain eggs, so the risk of allergic reactions is reduced.
Oatmeal cookies have a number of useful properties, but they can also have a negative effect on the body of mom and baby, so it’s better to cook the treat yourself using only natural products.
We also recommend reading: what kind of sweet can a nursing mother
The doctor of the clinic for children and adolescents “SM-Doctor” Kuznetsova Tatyana Alexandrovna checked it.