Does Eating Help You Lose Weight?24.05.2022
The system of separate nutrition is not only a dietary diet to combat excess weight, but also the principles of eating food to promote health and achieve longevity. Although the diet itself was developed almost 100 years ago, until now, doctors have not agreed on its effectiveness.
What is separate food
The diet is based on the concept of the right combination of food and the enzymes necessary for its digestion. According to this view, specific biologically active compounds produced by the organs of the digestive tract are necessary for full assimilation of certain foods. For the digestion of proteins, proteinases are needed, fats – lipases, carbohydrates – carbohydrases, etc.
If the body receives food containing a significant amount of nutrients from different groups, pathological processes develop in the digestive tract:
- slowing down metabolism;
- intoxication of the body;
- strengthening of fermentation processes in the intestine;
- excessive gas production.
Diet is also regarded as a way to prevent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. By adhering to a separate diet, you can prevent the development of gastritis, gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis, colitis. Also, the diet is recommended for people suffering from vascular atherosclerosis, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
The key is food compatibility.
Henry Shelton, the author of the diet, puts forward the idea of food compatibility with each other, based on the characteristics of the conditions for its digestion – all foods are divided into biologically compatible and incompatible. The former can be combined in every possible way with each other, while the latter are strictly forbidden to be mixed.
Meal time requirements
Adhering to a dietary diet, it is necessary to strictly observe the time intervals between meals. The minimum interval between meals should be at least 2 hours. This is the time required to prevent mixing of food in the gastrointestinal tract.
Separate nutrition as a way to normalize weight
Physiologically, when fasting or performing physical activity, carbohydrates are primarily used to replenish energy losses by the body. The breakdown of fats occurs only after reaching a certain level of carbohydrate content. To lose weight, you need to put the body into the mode of splitting fat reserves instead of using up carbohydrate reserves.
With critical starvation and depletion of fat reserves to compensate for energy costs, the body begins to break down proteins – a condition that threatens health.
You can achieve the breakdown of fats by reducing the calorie content of the daily diet or by increasing energy expenditure. But the best option is to meet both requirements at the same time.
However, after a long fast, the body first of all eats to restore reserve reserves of nutrients. During these processes, the mechanism of hypercompensation is activated – more fat is debugged than it was before the start of the diet.
Food combination rules
The daily menu must comply with the following rules:
- Meat and fish should only be lean, and they can only be consumed with green vegetables that do not contain starch.
- Grains and beans should only be eaten in combination with fresh vegetables or vegetable oils.
- Starchy vegetables can only be combined with radish and swede.
- Bread, which is an independent dish, should be combined only with olive oil and herbs.
- Animal fat is prohibited.
- Eggs can only be combined with green vegetables.
- Starch-free vegetables are the basis of the daily diet.
- Fresh vegetables can be combined with vegetable oils.
- You can combine acidic fruits and tomatoes with each other, but they should be consumed only in the 1st half of the day.
- Mushrooms can be combined with food of any origin.
The average adult should consume 1.5-2 liters of fluid per day. But dietary restrictions on the amount of fluid drunk per day are not put forward, which can negatively affect the functioning of the kidneys and cause the development of a number of diseases of the urinary system.
The principles of a dietary diet imply the allocation of certain products to separate groups that are incompatible with any other food. Mixing such food with other products should be categorically avoided.
Foods that cannot be combined with any other include milk and dairy products. Due to the fact that they coagulate in the stomach under the action of hydrochloric acid, their combination with other foods greatly enhances the processes of fermentation and putrefaction in the gastrointestinal tract. The consumption of milk and dairy products should be limited to 1-1.5 liters per week.
Despite the restriction in the use of dairy foods, the diet allows you to mix dairy products with each other. So low-fat cottage cheese, which is an independent dish, can be mixed with kefir or milk.
Rules for eating
The dietary diet also puts forward a number of requirements for the very process of eating. Their essence is this:
- drinking water during meals is strictly prohibited;
- all food should be thoroughly chewed;
- all meat food should be consumed only in small pieces;
- it is forbidden to eat too hot or cold food, as it injures the lining of the gastrointestinal tract;
- you can not eat warm food.
According to the requirements of the diet, at least 10 minutes should be allocated for the process of eating food. Too fast food intake can damage the wall of the esophagus or stomach, adversely affects the secretion of digestive enzymes, disrupts the motility of the esophagus and stomach.
To lose weight, you need at least 4 meals a day. If desired, you can increase their multiplicity to 6, but you need to reduce portions. Such fractional nutrition allows you to maintain the supply of nutrients at regular intervals. The last meal should be 3 hours before bedtime.
The diet categorically prohibits the use of smoked meats, fried, dried and too spicy foods. Also, the diet prohibits a raw food diet, since unprocessed meat or fish can be a source of parasites and cause severe poisoning. Vegetarianism is also excluded, since such a diet is not able to provide the body with all the necessary nutrients.
Contraindications to separate meals
The separate power supply system has a number of contraindications. These include:
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute phase;
- food allergy;
- diseases of the liver and gallbladder;
- insufficiency of pancreatic enzymes;
- recovery period after surgery.
The dietary diet is not suitable for women who are breastfeeding, since such nutrition is not able to fully provide the baby’s body with nutrients, it is debilitating for the mother. In rare cases, lactation problems may develop.
Diet for each day of the week
The menu shown is an example. If desired, you can independently develop a diet based on individual taste preferences. The key condition is compliance with the rules of food compatibility.
- Monday . Breakfast – oatmeal without sugar, an apple, 1 cup of unsweetened tea. Snack – 1 banana. Lunch – boiled chicken fillet and vegetable salad. For dinner – scrambled eggs and green vegetables.
- Tuesday . For breakfast – buckwheat on the water and tea without sugar. Snack – 2 apples. Lunch – boiled lean fish and fresh vegetables. Dinner – semolina porridge on the water.
- Wednesday . 1 meal – oatmeal, tea without sugar. 2nd meal – fruit salad. Lunch – lean meat stew with vegetables. For dinner – boiled fish and vegetable salad.
- Thursday . For breakfast, wheat porridge and unsweetened tea or weak coffee without sugar. Meal 2 – 1 banana or 2 apples. For lunch – boiled beef with buckwheat. For dinner – biscuit and tea.
- Friday . 1 meal – oatmeal with unsweetened tea. For an afternoon snack – vegetable or fruit salad. For dinner – baked fish and steamed vegetables. 3 meal – vegetable stew.
- Saturday . Breakfast – scrambled eggs with herbs and weak coffee. Snack – 2 apples. Meal 3 – boiled beef with vegetables. For dinner – low-fat cottage cheese.
- Sunday . 1 meal – buckwheat porridge with vegetables. Snack – fruit salad. Lunch – boiled fish and broccoli. 4 meals – baked apples.
The concept of separate nutrition involves regular meals strictly in accordance with the principles of its biological compatibility. However, such a system does not have unequivocal support among medical professionals. In any case, before starting a diet, you should consult a doctor.
Also interesting to read: diet for hemorrhoids for women