This measure of social support is largely determined by the region. The concept of dairy cuisine is not officially fixed, but the Federal Law “On the Fundamentals of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation” mentions “special food stations” 1 .
The law states that the provision of adequate nutrition for pregnant women, nursing mothers, as well as children under the age of three, is carried out at the conclusion of doctors and in accordance with local legislation.
Who needs dairy
The following can apply for free meals:
- children under 3 years old;
- pregnant women;
- nursing mothers.
Taking into account regional programs, a prescription for free food is applied to:
- disabled children under 15;
- children from large families under the age of 7 years.
It should be noted that in certain subjects of the Russian Federation the list of categories of people for preferential meals may differ. This list is determined by the regional authorities.
For example, in the Novosibirsk Region, children in their first and second years of life are entitled to free meals only if they are from a low-income family (that is, the income per family member is below the subsistence minimum) 4 .
In some regions, disabled children are given the right to free meals up to the age of 18, and in other regions, beneficiaries with certain chronic diseases (glomerulonephritis, hemoblastosis, malignant neoplasms, etc.) are added to this category of citizens.
Glomerulonephritis is an immune lesion of the glomeruli of the kidney.
Hemoblastoses are tumor (neoplastic) diseases of the hematopoietic and lymphatic tissue.
How to get the
A prescription is required to qualify for free meals. It is issued either by a gynecologist observing a pregnant woman, or by a pediatrician who has a child registered.
What kind of food children and women will receive free of charge, pediatricians and gynecologists decide, depending on health indicators. However, as a rule, this is a standard set.
What is given in the dairy kitchen
Again, there may be regional differences, but usually the list of products includes:
- vegetable and meat purees;
- pasteurized cow’s milk;
- children’s kefir;
- milk curd;
- fruit juices;
- dry or liquid cereals.
The composition of the free food basket, as well as the number of products, depends on the age of the child.
So, in Moscow to a child:
- from birth to 2 months, about 5 liters of mixture are prescribed (once a week);
- at 6 months: 2 kg of fruit puree, 350 g of dry mix, 1 liter of fruit juice (once a month), as well as dry or liquid porridge once a week 2 .
The norms for issuing products increase with the age of the child. Pregnant and lactating mothers are given juice and milk.
A set of food for a child of 6-12 months for 30 days weighs approximately 10 kg. Therefore, it is worth considering in advance how to carry it home 4 .
What documents are needed for registration
To use the services of a dairy kitchen, you need to collect a package of documents (each region has its own).
Here is an approximate list of required documents:
- passport of the pregnant woman (or passport of one of the parents of the child);
- compulsory medical insurance policy for a pregnant woman (or a child);
- birth certificate of the child;
- child registration document;
- certificate from the place of work of the parents;
- a document confirming having many children (for parents with many children);
- child’s health certificate;
- certificate of disability (for children with disabilities);
- a document confirming the establishment of guardianship (for children under guardianship);
If all the documents are in order, the pediatrician or gynecologist (if we are talking about pregnant women) writes out a prescription for preferential meals for a period of one month (sometimes three months). Disabled children and children from large families can write a prescription for six months 2 .
Documents are collected once, but you will have to go periodically for a prescription.
In Moscow, this procedure is simplified: the doctor enters information into the Unified Medical Information and Analytical System (EMIAS), which is then automatically transferred to the dairy kitchen. Therefore, you can not waste time getting a prescription from a doctor 3 .
Moms share that thanks to free kits, they can save 1000-2000 rubles a month. And what I didn’t like:
– Milk porridges were not recommended to be introduced until 9 months, but we began to give out instant porridges with powdered milk from 7 months.
– The pediatrician did not advise giving fruit juice until a year old, and he was already in the set from 6 months. We did not give it to a child, adults drank 3 .
How to get money instead of dairy food
In some regions, dairy cuisine is being canceled and compensation is offered.
So, in the Moscow region in 2021, the monthly payment was for:
- pregnant women – 400 rubles;
- nursing mothers – 1000 rubles;
- infants under one year old who are on artificial or mixed feeding – 1000 rubles;
- children from one to three – 600 rubles 3 .
The exact terms of government support vary by region. For example, in St. Petersburg, a child is issued a social card, which can be used to buy food and clothing in certain specialized stores 2 .
How to apply through public services
Where this option is supported, you must:
- register on the State Services portal;
- confirm your identity (there is an instruction on the portal);
- upload all the necessary documents to the appropriate section;
- after a while, check the status of the service in your personal account;
- with a confirmed status, you can get free meals in a dairy kitchen with an identity document.
Check with the antenatal clinic, children’s clinic or social protection authorities whether it is possible in the region where you live to apply for free meals through public services.
Many mothers claim that dairy cuisine is a good support for the family budget. Others refuse free food, as they are unhappy with its composition. Still others take everything they are supposed to, and then distribute food to those in need. The main thing is that in all regions of the Russian Federation the provision of nutrition for children under three years old, pregnant women and nursing mothers has been regulated.
- Federal Law No. 323-FZ of November 21, 2011 (as amended on July 2, 2021) “On the Fundamentals of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation” (as amended and supplemented, effective from October 1, 2021), website .
- Nutrition in dairy cuisine in Russia in 2022, website .
- How to get nutrition in a dairy kitchen, website .
- The order of registration and receipt of baby food in the dairy kitchen, website .
- Attachment to dairy kitchen, site .
Photo: © Depositphotos