Cold summer soups: tasty, satisfying and refreshing24.05.2022
If the children refuse their usual soup because of the heat, offer them an alternative. Let it be cold soup. We have selected several recipes, among which there will surely be an option that suits you.
Most often, housewives cook okroshka on kvass or kefir. But since everyone has different preferences, this cold soup can also be made with whey, ayran, cucumber and cabbage pickles, mineral or plain water with sour cream.
- boiled beef – 200 g
- boiled potatoes – 3 pcs.
- hard-boiled chicken eggs – 3 pcs.
- fresh cucumbers – 3 pcs.
- radish – 5 pcs.
- green onions – 1 bunch,
- dill – 1 bunch
- mustard – 1 tbsp. the spoon
- kvass – 1.5 l
- sour cream – 2 tbsp. spoons
- juice of 1 lemon,
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the potatoes on a coarse grater, chop the green onions. Blend them until pureed.
- Cut meat, cucumbers, radishes and eggs. Stir, add sour cream and mustard.
- Then pour kvass, salt and pepper to taste. Serve the okroshka cold with a little more sour cream.
This dish is called cold borscht. Just what you need if the temperature exceeds 30 degrees Celsius.
- beets – 450 g
- sour cream – 150 g
- boiled eggs (protein) – 4 pcs.
- fresh cucumbers – 300 g
- leaf lettuce – 40 g
- green onion – 45 g
- parsley, dill – 20 g
- salt – to taste
- sugar – to taste
- garlic – to taste
- Peel the beets, cut into pieces and boil. Cool down.
- Chop the eggs, cucumbers, herbs, lettuce and add to the beets.
- Chop the garlic very finely and season the finished beetroot with it. Add salt and sugar to taste. Serve cold.
Botvinya was one of the favorite dishes of our ancestors. Now this cold soup is undeservedly forgotten.
- beets with tops – 600 g
- potatoes – 300 g
- carrots – 200 g
- bulb – 1 pc.
- sugar – 1 tbsp. the spoon
- lemon juice or 1 lemon wedge
- sour cream – 3 tbsp. spoons
- flour – 2 tbsp. spoons
- eggs – 3 pcs. (cook hard boiled)
- dill – to taste
- Peel the beets and cook until soft. Then add lemon juice, this will keep the bright color, and refrigerate.
- Cut the beets into small cubes, mix with chopped eggs, sour cream. Add salt to taste.
- Before serving, garnish the dish with half a boiled egg and chopped dill.
Kholodnik is one of the variations on the theme of cold borscht.
- beets – 400 g
- radish – 2 bunches
- cucumber – 100 g
- dill, green onion – 1 bunch
- mustard – 1 teaspoon
- salt, pepper – to taste
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp. the spoon
- kefir – 1 l
- eggs – 4 pcs. (cook hard boiled)
- Peel and cook the beetroot until soft, grate it on a coarse grater. Do not pour out the decoction.
- Cut the radish, cucumber, grate the eggs. Mix all products, fill with kefir and beetroot broth.
- Add sour cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard.
Bonus: beetroot recipe from Larisa Guzeeva!
“My friends, nothing special, but, suddenly, who forgot about the summer beetroot miracle soup! I like to use canned beetroot (I cook it myself), but store-bought is fine too. The main thing is everything through a coarse grater (cucumber, egg), a little of any onion, mustard, salt, pepper, kefir and beetroot brine. Everything is to your taste, ”Larisa shared with fans.
Do you make cold soups?